Jotul F3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah that might be a pseudo air kit for the F3, a "workaround" so to speak. I just remember it was not possible for an air kit because of the upper slide on the 3CB and 602CB stove. For what its worth, don't think any secondary air is adjustable, in closing the primary air down, you induce the stove to pull more air through the secondary air system due to draft still wanting to pull air into the stove.

Yeah that might be a pseudo air kit for the F3, a "workaround" so to speak. I just remember it was not possible for an air kit because of the upper slide on the 3CB and 602CB stove. For what its worth, don't think any secondary air is adjustable, in closing the primary air down, you induce the stove to pull more air through the secondary air system due to draft still wanting to pull air into the stove.
It's not common, but there are a few that have a secondary air adjustment. I'm thinking one of the Buck stoves. And the PE Super series had a secondary air control linked to the primary. So did Enviro I think.