Jotul f3cb piping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fluke216

Dec 11, 2020
pa
I purchase this stove barley used on market place. Question is it has a piece on top that looks like the connection piece that may of came with the stove? Not sure thing is the crimp is the wrong way. The second to last picture shows how it was attached on the stove. It ha another sleeve piece that sits down in so yea not sure if this came with it or what originally.maybe it’s upside down or stove pipe with crimped end goes down into the first shown picture without this piece. Let me know what you think thanks

5C424BDF-9A07-4331-A681-F8C4827CC7DE.jpeg BDDC4F35-DC9E-4599-8CE1-64BCF663331C.jpeg 6EBF9CB6-3D8B-453C-A90D-5DB1EA2B248A.jpeg 57C7D4B3-28A0-48A6-98C2-D502C6DDE7D6.jpeg

Crimp goes down, & inside the flue collar. That way, any liquid creosote inside the pipe flows inside the stove & not out onto the top.

Is this Selkirk double-wall? Normally, the crimps in the stove pipes always point down toward the stove but Selkirk DSP has a crimp on the inner and outer liner. Confusing, yes. If it's DSP, the outer crimp on the adapter faces up. The crimp on the inner liner of DSP faces down.
If this is a single-wall stove pipe system, then ignore this and follow the above advice.

Crimp goes down, & inside the flue collar. That way, any liquid creosote inside the pipe flows inside the stove & not out onto the top.
Is this Selkirk double-wall? Normally, the crimps in the stove pipes always point down toward the stove but Selkirk DSP has a crimp on the inner and outer liner. Confusing, yes. If it's DSP, the outer crimp on the adapter faces up. The crimp on the inner liner of DSP faces down.
If this is a single-wall stove pipe system, then ignore this and follow the above advice.
Yea I knew the way it supposed to but was wondering what this piece was maybe they had something they had attached the wrong way. Ok so yea this was probably an adapter for the previous owner had double wall hooked up if I’m doing single wall crimped pipe right down in with out using this piece at all this piece is for a double wall installation. Thanks guys