Jotul F500 Oslo V3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nhwoodbrnr

Feb 16, 2021
New Hampshire
Question, hypothetically, would it be possible to take a Jotul f500 Oslo V3 gut it and install a bypass and burn tubes designed for the V2 ?
The reason I’m curious is If someone bought a pre owned Oslo V3 then Jotul will not cover warranty the catalytic combustor.
If Said person was to purchase the V3 And the cat fails out the way it was designed but if say the cat fails It would make sense to rebuild with version two parts that are tried and proven I guess it depends on if the castings are different.
thoughts?

Question, hypothetically, would it be possible to take a Jotul f500 Oslo V3 gut it and install a bypass and burn tubes designed for the V2 ?
The reason I’m curious is If someone bought a pre owned Oslo V3 then Jotul will not cover warranty the catalytic combustor.
If Said person was to purchase the V3 And the cat fails out the way it was designed but if say the cat fails It would make sense to rebuild with version two parts that are tried and proven I guess it depends on if the castings are different.
thoughts?
The combustor warranty is only on the first one anyway and the 20yr one is only for manufacturers defect

Only time will tell.

Hello,
I have wood stove Jotul f500.
I would like to buy CATALYTIC COMBUSTOR 158000 for Jotul f 500 V3
If this is an older F500, the catalyst will not work or fit. It is only for the new F500v3.

Hello again,
Thanks for the information , but let me ask you again where I can buy such a CATALYTIC COMBUSTOR for Jotul F500 V3,
because there is not such stove here in Europe.
The catalyst fits in the stove, I checked.

It's not commonly showing up yet because this is a warranty item. Try any North American Jotul dealer that will ship to you.

How did you get an F500v3 in Bulgaria? Did you ask that dealer?

Thank you for cooperation. We have Jotul F500, here in Bulgaria we do not sell Jotul F500 V3, but the catalyst from Jotul F500 V3
can be mounted on Jotul F500. Otherwise, which dealer do I ask about the catalyst he asks me to ask in Bulgaria.
Are you telling me about a Canadian dealer to ask?

Ask the dealer that sold you your stove.

Hello dear fellow forum members,
If someone still has to sell a catalyst for JOTUL F500 V3 can be used , let me know.
Or get information on where I can order for free sale, let him call.
Thanks in advance.