Jotul f55 carrabasset Stove legs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dodger

Aug 21, 2018
maryland
Hello all, I recently purchased my very first woodstove, Jotul f55 carrabassett. I needed a short leg kit, so I have the four original cast iron legs, brand new. Which I don't know if anyone may have an interest, but I don't think I will ever use them. I am going to try and break in the stove this weekend, since our temps will be cooling down. I never thought I would say, I'm excited for winter, sorta, LOL. I am excited though, to see what I have been missing, all yhese years now, using my first stove, and the heat which comes from it. I really can't wait. I'm sure there's a lot more to come and learn, but since it was a big purchase, I invested in the blower, and fp screen. Can the top actually be used to cook on it, meaning actual food on top, lile a hamvurger thrown on the cast iron top, not just the pot or pan on.the cast iron top.

i wouldn't cook on the actual stove top, but a frying pan on top of the stove would work to cook in