dodger Posted By dodger, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:47 PM

1. dodger

dodger
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2018
    Loc:
    maryland
    Hello all, I recently purchased my very first woodstove, Jotul f55 carrabassett. I needed a short leg kit, so I have the four original cast iron legs, brand new. Which I don't know if anyone may have an interest, but I don't think I will ever use them. I am going to try and break in the stove this weekend, since our temps will be cooling down. I never thought I would say, I'm excited for winter, sorta, LOL. I am excited though, to see what I have been missing, all yhese years now, using my first stove, and the heat which comes from it. I really can't wait. I'm sure there's a lot more to come and learn, but since it was a big purchase, I invested in the blower, and fp screen. Can the top actually be used to cook on it, meaning actual food on top, lile a hamvurger thrown on the cast iron top, not just the pot or pan on.the cast iron top.

2. edyit

edyit
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 30, 2014
    Loc:
    Wilmington NY
    i wouldn't cook on the actual stove top, but a frying pan on top of the stove would work to cook in

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...