Jotul F55 now 2020 Compliant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rosem

Aug 27, 2019
Northern Michigan
I just saw this shared by Jotul North America on Facebook. A French Canadian company had the original post. It translates to:
It's official! The Jøtul F55 Carrabassett has passed the lab tests to be approved under the new EPA 2020. So it would be the largest 2020 device in its class not to have a catalyst. Expect to see him in Quebec in the next few months!

Does this mean they just retested the current F55 model as-is and it passed?

Jotul North America just replied to my comment and it looks like they have a V2 about to release.

The non-catalytic PE Summit LE is 2020 compliant too.

I’m interested what they claim for burn times on the F55 V2, I see they claim 10 hrs for the F45 V2 up from 8 hrs on the pre 2020 F45. Would be nice if they actually managed longer burns with less emissions and no catalyst.

Reactions: Newburnerwisconsin
Marketing claims are just that. Your mileage may vary. Sometimes, by a lot.

I’m interested what they claim for burn times on the F55 V2, I see they claim 10 hrs for the F45 V2 up from 8 hrs on the pre 2020 F45. Would be nice if they actually managed longer burns with less emissions and no catalyst.
So what’s the story on this F55? Anyone have the new version yet? What kind of burn time are they claiming to get?

So what’s the story on this F55? Anyone have the new version yet? What kind of burn time are they claiming to get?
The F-55 is now approved but has not gone into manufacturing yet. Stay tuned for updates!

Thought I’d bump this up hoping to find some users willing to share their experiences