Jotul F600 Door Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FHB

Aug 2, 2022
Vermont
Hello All,

I've been reading a lot of amazing threads on here for quite a while, but I have never posted until now. Perhaps someone on here can help me with my question. Here's the story: I recently purchased a home that came with a Jotul F600 wood stove. I had the chimney inspected and cleaned (it's a metalbestos chimney) and according to the chimney sweep, I'm ready to go! I'm new to wood stoves and wood burning, so I am very excited for colder weather so that I can fire it up. The other day when I was cleaning the ash from the inside of the stove, I noticed that there is a small crack on the glass of the right door. The crack is about an inch and a half long and it is right behind the door lattice so you can't see it from the front. I purchased replacement glass from the local wood stove store and they told me to take the door off before installing the new glass. I really do not want to break anything on this stove, so I figured I would ask someone on here how do I take the door of this wood stove off? The guy at the wood stove store was unable to help, as he said it's been years since he's worked on an F600. I looked at the exploded view in the owner's manual and it is so confusing that it didn't help at all. I also searched these threads and YouTube to no avail. Any instructions you may be able to provide on how to remove the doors on a Jotul F600 is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

It’s been awhile since I’ve disassembled an F600, but here goes…If you can’t lift the door up & pivot the bottom out slightly to disengage the lower hinge pin, you’ll have to swing the door open as far as possible. Take a look at the side attached to the stove body. There should be two screws holding the door to the hinge pin. You’ll have to remove those screws in order to remove the door. Put a thin piece of wood or cardboard under the door so if it drops when you remove the screws, you’ll prevent damage to the door casting.

Thanks so much for your response. I'll give it a try as soon as I have a free moment and let you know how it goes. I appreciate your help!

Reactions: DAKSY
Here is a 600 I did awhile back and took pictures of the breakdown for someone else. Here is the door part-

AC31C0A6-65B9-43E9-B041-517ABC7C5141.jpeg 4F9F268B-BF9E-4050-98E3-36C6479E4BF7.jpeg2445DCD8-A1C6-4066-A7B6-488FF05894DB.jpeg512F76F6-3F15-45DF-B0EA-A17DB70858F2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ispinwool
Im not sure why they uploaded out of order. But you get the point. Ha

Reactions: FHB
If possible, replace it in place. Firelight doors aren't easy to adjust to get them to close and seal right while looking correct.