Jotul F600 needing parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

06CCDmax

Aug 31, 2021
Hudson Valley of New York
Hi everyone. I have heated my home for the past years with a Vermont castings defiant (an original). It was great but more issues have arisen and I have found a newer stove out of necessity. After much searching I found a Jotul F600 that I could afford, but quite far away. Was supposed to need cleaning and paint. Seller assured me there were no other things needed that he was aware of. I expected seals and checking over seams.
Well, the secondary manifold is shot, two of the tubes are gone completely. The top baffles are broken, well most of one was laying on top of the ashes in the stove and the other is gone, (yeah got it with an ash load....) insulation blanket is mostly there, definitely also done. This is my main heat source and rebuilding either stove now seems out of budget. Anyone have a source for these parts, even used at a lower cost? Any leads greatly appreciated.
I'm in the Hudson Valley if you know a local store but figured I'd be ordering.

20210902_170544.jpg 20210902_170606.jpg

I'd walk away from this one. It does not look at all well cared for. If you do get it, make sure there isn't other damage from what appears to be a badly neglected stove. Look carefully all around for cracks, including getting all the ash out and checking the base around the grate for cracks.

Reactions: D. Hermit
Unfortunately already paid for, and now here. I've already removed the ashes and found no other damage except a liberal use of cement on the inside. And a gasket loose on the back side.
I'm just trying to find a way to get this usable for the coming winter.

20210902_174653.jpg 20210902_174658.jpg 20210902_174721.jpg 20210902_174729.jpg 20210902_174750.jpg

Yes, Jotul was liberal with the cement. I'm glad there are no cracks. It looks like it will need a secondary manifold assembly and gasket kit.

Yes, Jotul was liberal with the cement. I'm glad there are no cracks. It looks like it will need a secondary manifold assembly and gasket kit.
I'm glad to hear that cement is factory and not the previous owner trying to stop an air leak problem. Unfortunately the secondary manifold, two top baffles and insulation add up to more than I can afford right now, which is why I was hoping there might be someone with used or knows who might have used parts. Even if they only got me one or two winters, I could then do new parts. And hopefully I'll love this stove and keep it long term.

Be on the lookout for another used one with a cracked base, but decent secondary components. Maybe call the Preston Trading Post in CT to see if they have a used one in such condition.

Reactions: Sailrmike