Jotul f600 used

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jessw024

Mar 6, 2017
Boston
image.jpeg
Hi All!
I am buying a used Jotul f600. It has chipped enamel on the top, the owner said he spilled water on top. He told me he just got it serviced in December and put new baffles and blanket in. He sent me the invoice from the work he did. I am paying $750 including delivery. Does this seem like a fair price?

Does any one have any pictures of an enamel stove with touch up enamel paint on it? I don't think the chipped enamel will bother me too much but would be interested to see what touch up looks like.

Thank you!
Jessica

Attachments

• IMG_5677.mp4
    4.2 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5678.mp4
    2.8 MB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jess, you may want to post that invoice on this thread and delete the other thread with just the invoice (or one of the moderators can).

You will not be able to do much with that enamel. The touch up is for small chips, not a total repaint like that one. Ask for some close pictures of the inside, especially of the floor around the grate.

That looks like it was damaged by something other than some spilled water! Do you know how old the stove is? I can't tell from the photo if it is the newer version of the F600 or the old one with the catalytic cumbuster? If you aren't sure we can identify it with a full stove picture.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
That looks like it was damaged by something other than some spilled water! Do you know how old the stove is? I can't tell from the photo if it is the newer version of the F600 or the old one with the catalytic cumbuster? If you aren't sure we can identify it with a full stove picture.

It has double doors in the front. I believe it is the newer version of the stove 2007-2008 date range.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pretty rough to me. You can't do much with that finish, so perhaps if you are thinking of putting it down in a basement out of sight it could be okay if it isn't damaged beyond the porcelain finish. I have an F600 and can attest that it's a great heating stove, but from the looks of it's exterior you have to wonder if the insides have been abused, as well. I take it you checked closely with a good flashlight for any possible cracks? By removing two 11 mm bolts from the underside of the oval top you can remove it to look at the condition of the baffle and insulating blanket.

Reactions: firefighterjake
It looks pretty rough to me. You can't do much with that finish, so perhaps if you are thinking of putting it down in a basement out of sight it could be okay if it isn't damaged beyond the porcelain finish. I have an F600 and can attest that it's a great heating stove, but from the looks of it's exterior you have to wonder if the insides have been abused, as well. I take it you checked closely with a good flashlight for any possible cracks? By removing two 11 mm bolts from the underside of the oval top you can remove it to look at the condition of the baffle and insulating blanket.
They just replaced the baffles and blanket. I saw a video of it with the receipt.

10mm isn't it? Almost every bolt on a Jotul is 10mm typically.

It is a newer version, although they discontinued the blue several years back, not sure exactly when though. The earlier models shared the same doors as the #12, they had a few more horizontal bars that crossed the gothic arches.

I'm with Nick. No mater how old that stove is, If it looks like that, he couldn't care what he was doing with it. My Jotul with the enamel finish is exactly as it was day one. He would have to pay me to take that thing.