Jotul Firelight 12 / F600 Rear Heat Shield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

IvoryF12

Oct 9, 2021
Northern California
Greetings!

New member here, and new new to wood stoves. I've just built my hearth, and set my 1995 Firelight 12 in place. Realized I need a rear heat shield in order to have the clearance I've designed my hearth for. I can't seem to find a rear heat shield part for the F12 anywhere on the interweb...only one for the F600.

These 2 models dimensions look identical from the outside (according to the user manuals). My F12 has 4 bolts on the back which look like they're intended for a heat shield.

Can anyone confirm that the F600 heat shield fits on the F12? Or could someone possibly reply with the dimensions/spacing of the 4 bolts which mount the heat shield?

Thanks!

Labradorcountry just posted about his F600. Hopefully he will see this thread.

Greetings!

New member here, and new new to wood stoves. I've just built my hearth, and set my 1995 Firelight 12 in place. Realized I need a rear heat shield in order to have the clearance I've designed my hearth for. I can't seem to find a rear heat shield part for the F12 anywhere on the interweb...only one for the F600.

These 2 models dimensions look identical from the outside (according to the user manuals). My F12 has 4 bolts on the back which look like they're intended for a heat shield.

Can anyone confirm that the F600 heat shield fits on the F12? Or could someone possibly reply with the dimensions/spacing of the 4 bolts which mount the heat shield?

Thanks!
I am in the same situation. Did you figure out if the F600 rear heat shield fit?