Jotul Gas Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Bug

Nov 23, 2005
Clarks Summit,Pa.
Hi Everyone,
I have a Jotul Firelight DV 600 Propane Gas Stove that has a Exhaust Restrictor Adjuster on the exhaust manifold. Can anyone tell me what this is for? The owners manual has very little info. on this item. Can I increase the heat output of the stove by closing this adjustment a little.
Thanks,
Fire Bug

The restrictor setting is adjustable to accomidate all the different venting scenario's. The differnt positions are listed on the venting graph. If it was set up properly by the installer you should not mess with it. Did the dealer install the stove?
How is it vented? If you mess with it the stove might not work. Is it not heating? How big of a area are you trying to heat? Are you in altitude?

Hey Mountain Stove Guy,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the stove was installed by the dealer and it is heating. I get a little bit of soot on two of the logs but nothing major. The stove is direct vented into a thimble in the wall where my Fisher Papa Bear was and than it travels verticle about 25 to 30 feet to the termination High Wind Cap on top of my fieldstone chimney which is lined with a teracotta clay flue that contains the direct vent pipe.
I will definitely heed your advice and not mess with it. I did see the chart in the owners manual with the verticle heights. I was just wondering what it is for.
The room it is heating is about 600 sq. ft. with aditional 12'X12' unheated laundry room. I have a stairwell that seems to act as a chimney and most of the heat travels from the rec room to the upstairs.
Thanks,
Fire Bug
Thanks,
Fire Bug

i will look tommorrow and see what restrictor setting you need, im sure its right expecially if your sooting a little. I would open the air shutter alittle to get the sooting to stop. You will get a bit more efficient burn that way. Isnt 30' on the very cusp of the venting graph?? whats the max hight stated in the manual on the verticle graph page?

you should have a colinear installation going in the terracotta chimney, he didnt put the regular direct vent pipe in there did he?

Status
Not open for further replies.