Jotul Rockland fan noise?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacKay

Jan 21, 2008
SW. Pennsylvania
I am looking into buying a Jotul Rockland. No one locally has one setup to actually look at. How loud is the fan? We spend a lot of time in the room that it is going into and I hope the fan noise isn't too loud.

I just had my Rockland installed yesterday, and need to have electrical service pulled over in the basement for the fan (power cord goes down into the basement), so I have not tried it yet. Hope to have this done in the next few days (maybe even today??). I'll let you know what it sounds like.

I just started burning with a 550 this year and the fan is about as loud as a small portable room fan. Slower speed is softer (very little noise) and higher speed is louder. Of course you can adjust the fan speed to whatever level you want. I do need to turn the tv up a little when the fan is on the highest speed. The problem is that noise is relative to what you're used to. I'm willing to turn up the tv a little to get the high heat out in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.