Jotul vs Morso

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojo

Nov 1, 2008
Athens, Greece
Hello
I recently saw some wood stoves at a home exhibition and am very excited about buying my first stove! I live in Greece where the options are fairly limited and I would like some independent advice. Here there are only two retailers who are keen to push Morso and Jotul respectively. At the moment I am wavering between the Jotul F100 and the Morso 1410. However Scan, Sideros, Wanders are also available. I would be very grateful if anyone could give some advice as I know absolutely nothing about stoves!
Thank you all.
PS Fantastic site!

I'm no expert either, but I've learned a lot lurking on this forum. I'm having a Morso 1410 squirrel installed this week in a small (under 1000 sq. ft.) cabin. Once it's in I'll post some pictures and opinions that might help you make up your mind. The log size and burn times for the Morso 1410 are the major concerns. I'm in the southern US though, winters have been extremely mild here over the past few years. I'm hoping the Morso squirrel is going to be the perfect fit for my situation.

By looking online, the Jotul F100 Nordic QT is a little larger stove, takes a 16 inch log, and puts out a bit more max. BTU.

However, the Morso site says the 1410 can be used with "different types of fuel: wood, briquettes, coal or energy coke". That would be a plus if you had coal available, if in fact the model available to you can burn these different types of fuel.

The 1410 only takes a 12 inch log.

You'll have to consider the space you are using, the fuel you have available, and maybe the tie-breaker will simply be the "looks" of the stove.

Both are quality manufacturer's, it appears the Jotul may have a slight edge in heating capcity, however, that Morso with coal in it would surely put out some heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.