Jotul won’t light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Gf100 or gf200
Piezo
12/2009

I can see a spark when I click it- wondering if the ignitor went bad?

Thank you for replying!

If you can see a spark, it's still working. If you have had the gas off for an extended period of time, you will have to bleed the air out of the gas line . The easiest way is to break loose a connection. If you do not feel comfortable doing that, you will have to hold the Off-Pilot-On knob in in the Pilot position until the gas reaches the pilot assembly. This could take as long as a couple of minutes. Your best bet is to remove the glass front & listen for the gas flow. You will hear a "hiss." Once you smell the gas, you should be able to light it. Make sure all in-line shut-offs are in the correct position. Let us know how you make out.

Reactions: Millbilly
Update- it ignites. Got an orange flame that will only keep lit if I hold the pilot knob down. Won’t keep lit if switched to ON

Did you hold the knob IN for 30 seconds or longer?
If you did, & the pilot goes out when you release the knob,
then you probably need a new thermocouple...

Clean up that pilot assembly with 0000 steel wool and pipe cleaner. If your sit pilot assembly is the newer style with pop top take it apart with Allen wrench and clean it

Reactions: Lennox65 and DAKSY