Just bought a Fiskars Super

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
Just bought a Fiskars Super and sharpener from Denny & Kathys. I've been using an 8 1/2 lb. Chopper Axe. I tried my friend's Fiskars Super and really like the shorter handle and lighter axe head.

You will likey! I used mine for about an hour this evening on some white ash, ran a file across it a few times to remove the small burrs, rubbed a little oil on it, and put it to bed for the night. I think that my old 8lb maul is getting jealous. It has not been picked up in a few weeks.

Gunks said:
Just bought a Fiskars Super and sharpener from Denny & Kathys. I've been using an 8 1/2 lb. Chopper Axe. I tried my friend's Fiskars Super and really like the shorter handle and lighter axe head.

Where excattly did you get it ?? I'm in Clifton Park untill friday, then I will take hwy 87 heading back to Canada. The Fiskars Super is not available in Canada, and I've been looking for one around here and I couldn't find one (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Wal-MArt...).

Thanks for the input.

Both Gunks and myself ordered it from Denny and Kathy's. I found it on Amazon from several different stores, and D & K was the lowest price.

Status
Not open for further replies.