Just curious

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyld byll

Apr 1, 2012
Hello. As it is approaching 90 degrees it is strange that I'm thinking about my pellet stove, but I was curious to know if 13-14 hours on a bag of pellets is about right for a pdvc set on heat level 2 and blower level 2. I have the settings on the factory pre-set 6-4-1. Think I could get 24 hours out of a bag set on 2-2 by lowering fuel feed and/or raising combustion air without giving up too much heat?

Pull the stove outside and fire it up! Only one way to find out ;)

Pull the stove outside and fire it up! Only one way to find out ;)
wow that's very helpful! I was kind of thinking people could tell me how long their pdvc burns a bag on 2-2 with the factory pre-sets on 6-4-1. I dont want to mess around with it alot if that sounds pretty normal.

Sorry.... This place is empty this time of year. Gonna take a little while for an answer.

This was basically a "bump" back to the top to help you. Sorry ;)

Reactions: Eatonpcat
You didn't state the year of manufacture.

Going by your presets its newer than mine.

I can't get 24 out of a bag.

I put a fugly hopper extension on mine, but it don't matter being in the basement.

Do you know what mode your stoves running in? If not, plenty of threads here on how to determine. I think "D" mode is the leanest. I agree with Smoke, no way could I get 24 hrs out of 40 lbs. Hopper extensions, will void the warranty if it's a new stove.

Hello. As it is approaching 90 degrees it is strange that I'm thinking about my pellet stove, but I was curious to know if 13-14 hours on a bag of pellets is about right for a pdvc set on heat level 2 and blower level 2. I have the settings on the factory pre-set 6-4-1. Think I could get 24 hours out of a bag set on 2-2 by lowering fuel feed and/or raising combustion air without giving up too much heat?
You should get more. Plug it in and within 5 seconds push BOTH the up and down arrows on the room blower and release, you will see a program letter. It should be set to "d", it may be on "c" which is for the PDV.

Raising the air or fuel feed really depends more upon you installation and geography

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.