Just finished Stacking Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

Just finished stacking 4tons of Cleanfire from PelletSales.Wasnt too bad really. Quite impressed with how they arrived. Only had 2 bags at the bottom of the skids with damage and found two more with water damage.
being new to this, I looked at the pellets and they largely seem to be about a half to one inch in length. I spotted a few(very few) about an inch and a half. Is this normal.
Also very very little dust in the bags. Just the ones with water damage. Seemed like the wet parts just turned into plain old sawdust.

P.S I paid 18.43/ton delivery. Looked today and there qouting $17.20. I swear last week they were quoting abou $40.

It took four of us about an hour to unload the truck and stack 8 tons of pellets. I'd much rather spend an hour a year stacking pellets than stacking an equivalent amount of wood! ;)

Coincidentally, i stacked two ton of Pennington's last night...... all i've been able to find around here. I hate to admit it, but i need to move them all into my basement before heating season arrives. Don't beat up on me over my messy barn, i have too much crap in there.

Pellets001.gif

Andrew Churchill said:
It took four of us about an hour to unload the truck and stack 8 tons of pellets. I'd much rather spend an hour a year stacking pellets than stacking an equivalent amount of wood! ;)

Much easier than the multiple handling and stacking of dirty messy cordwood not to mention the 3 times + daily loading and babysitting the fire and then all the ashes to contend with not to mention the creosote and chimney cleaning.

That Kuboter looks like it is right off the showroom floor.

Well, you take good care of your equipment. I'd be finding some way to use that tractor when moving the pellets.

Thanks, yes..... a set of forks is high on the list. It won't lift a ton....... but it should lift about half. That many less to move by hand !

Status
Not open for further replies.