just groan'n

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good news is that i ran into the brother sunday while i was working on my stacks - first thing he said was "that guy is strange" i agreed

brother stated he'll come by with his loader and move all the logs to her wood shed and he'll help with the work - it will still be interesting to see what the BF does

Stevebass4 said:
good news is that i ran into the brother sunday while i was working on my stacks - first thing he said was "that guy is strange" i agreed

brother stated he'll come by with his loader and move all the logs to her wood shed and he'll help with the work - it will still be interesting to see what the BF does

drought it will be interesting probably more down right BORING! like a bump on the log...

I've been mowing the unimproved property next to mine for about five years. It's about five and a half acres. Most of it is woods. But I mow about 1.5 acres in the front because if I don't, it makes our property look bad. I rarely see the owner but he told me one time that if I ever needed any water to just hook up a hose to the faucet by his meter and help myself. I did that one time to water a small section next to his property that I had just replanted in bermuda. Right after that he put a padlock on the meter box.

That's okay. A major storm one year and a hurricane the next dropped two of his oak trees virtually on top of each other right on the perimeter path between our properties. I took those trees as payment for my services. I would not cut a good, live tree but I have no problems taking a downed one. He never takes any wood. In fact, he only steps foot on the property once a year maybe. And I'm still mowing his property.

Three people in this equation. . . .

You, the Lady, and her BF

You are re-evaluating your street value. You are thinking your work is worth more than the storage fee.

The BF is getting some scratch, already paying to heat his own house, and knows he and 'the Lady' are not long for this world.

The Lady probably has little idea about what is going on. But she'll figure out pretty soon that the BF is a dipsheetz.

Give the BF a 16# sledge, wedge and a few 24" pieces of hard maple. He'll either walk out or have a heart attack. What we call a "win-win" sitiation ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.