Just in time, pics of the first gathering of firewood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyline

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Oregon
Had a few trees I wanted to get away from the fence line.

3 trees down, clogged the road, a couple bucked up and just in time to go watch the game.

The last pic is of a maple 32" on the butt, that had died. Save that for another day.

I know we're outnumbered on this forum, but Go Ducks!

Happy New Year to all.

Attachments

• DSC_8421_2.jpg
    DSC_8421_2.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC_8424.jpg
    DSC_8424.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC_8429.jpg
    DSC_8429.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC_8436.jpg
    DSC_8436.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 361
Forgot to post the progress.

Attachments

• DSC_8430.jpg
    DSC_8430.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 327
sweeeeet, looks a little mossy but not punky. how do you like your insert?

It has made a huge difference compared to the fireplace as most know but, I don't have anything to compare it too other than free standing stoves.

When it came to choosing, we didn't have much else too choose from that could take 22" splits (had 4 cord already cut that length) and still fit in the fireplace.

It also had lots of glass and split doors. It seemed most others had single hinge on the right side, which where we load from which would have been a pain.

GO DUCKS! 2012 Rose Bowl Champions!

And that's some nice firewood there too!

Oregon Bigfoot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.