Just ordered my wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna

Nov 20, 2005
www.otterburnpark.com
Hi All,

Just returned from ordering my wood for next winter. 2 full cords of apple/maple, a 60/40 mix, all ecologically culled from a working orchard/sugar bush.
I have used this same supplier for 3 years now and his wood is well seasoned and his measurements are fair. His prices have not risen in that time, and they are not going up this year.
It will cost $420 Canadian, about $350 in your money, maybe a bit less.

I shall attach a photo for curiosity's sake.

Donna

Attachments

• donna in orchard with wood.JPG
    donna in orchard with wood.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 577
Dang! I agree about the fair measurement. That is definitely a full two cords and $350 well spent! ;)

arrrgghhhh....I was told I would burn 4-5 cords a year...If that's 2, then I need to go cut a LOT more wood. :)

I am going to take a wild guess and say she is standing beside the supplier's pile. Out of which her wood will be delivered.

Yes, you are right, Brother Bart. that is the stack that our wood will come from. All around are apple trees which are about ready to pop with their blooms, just waiting on a little rain.

Oh that is funny. I nearly fell over when I saw the picture of 2 cords, I was thinking those 2 cords would last me years! My stomach is hurting, I just was not expecting that. Donna, you're the best. I needed that touch of humor so bad.

Here is part of the apple in the stack.
When we order, we specify what kind of wood we want.
He is very good about sorting it.
If you order 6 cords of apple, that is exactly and only what you get.
It burns like coal.

Attachments

• apple.JPG
    apple.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 387
That big pile of wood is super dreamy! Until this year when I started burning a stove I never looked at wood with such love. Now, everywhere I go I see potential firewood in fallen trees. It is exciting.

Nokoni said:
Now, everywhere I go I see potential firewood in fallen trees.

"Once you set foot upon the path, you see it everywhere."
--Yogic Saying

Status
Not open for further replies.