Just saying thank you.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mwatt65

May 8, 2013
West Orange NJ
Hi guys, I just wanted to say thank you for all the things I've learned on this site, to all the mods, you guys are great. Have to say this is a very well run site with amazing advice. Dry wood rules, burnt some five year old white oak today, saving the rest for next year.

It's really a special site . . . for some reason folks coming from all different walks of life, experiences, areas of the country and all over the political spectrum tend to come here and find a lot of common ground that unites them rather than divides them. Folks become friends with other Americans whom they may never meet in person.

Folks here have donated to worthy causes when a member has become hurt . . . or helped out another member when they desperately needed help with their chimney.

Members have driven hours to meet up and put faces to the names . . .

And rumor as it . . . I will soon be receiving some official Wisconsin cheese curds to try for the first time. Needless to say, the former Wisconsin resident (and his wife) who are staying with us for a few months is pretty excited. Probably goes without saying that there may be another care package from Maine heading back to Wisconsin sometime in the next week or two as well . . . needhams and Whoopie pies perhaps . . . still debating whether Moxie would make it or not.