Just to say thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milner351

Feb 13, 2008
Belleville, MI
I've not been here much this season, but I've applied what I learned here the last couple years, and my stove has been a pleasure to run this season.

I found something that surprised me and might help other PE summit owners.

When cleaning the chimney I've gotten into the habit of cleaning the air intake at the back of the stove where the gasket seals it to the removable "smoke eater" on top of the firebox.

I've been surprised each time I clean that passage that there is some creosote / ash build up - regardless of how carefully I try to seal it up when running the brush through the flue.

By keeping that intake passage free and clear - the stove has worked flawlessly all year this year - and the chimney is staying cleaner, as well as the door glass.

So far so good - with reports from friends of $400 gas bills - I'm loving the combined gas and electric bills just over $100.

Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and experience!

YOUR WELCOME!!

hey! its a great site , good people wonderful advice. im thankful to web for hosting us here (as we all should be) ive posted before many times,"ive "learned" more than ive "taught" in here" even having been in the industry for quite a while i still come back for a new "lesson learned" and if i help its a bonus. im certain the many industry reps and "old salts" here have similar feelings. Kudo's to Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.