Just when you thought you "saw" it all......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

.....you stumble across a video like this on Youtube......

If you are safety-minded, you may not want to watch this......

Reactions: NortheastAl
_g

Wonder if he screws an air hose into the spark plug hole and it doubles as an air compressor? ;lol

I guess he's never heard of an electric chainsaw? :rolleyes:

_g

Wonder if he screws an air hose into the spark plug hole and it doubles as an air compressor? ;lol

I guess he's never heard of an electric chainsaw? :rolleyes:
I think it is an electric motor running it MM.....not sure...
Notice he has a slight speech impediment at the end of his demonstration......

Either way, that's got Red Green written all over it.......eh?

Reactions: MasterMech
It's an electric motor driving a gas saw via a belt drive. Look closely under the table saw frame. :oops:

Heck yea it does!
Chit, I see the fanwheel there......:eek:;lol
I'd be tweaking that puppy just as you said....put an air fitting in the spark plug hole and make a compressor out of it, if nothing else....
Ahhh, the mother of invention.....gotta love it!!

Check out some of his other vids. The 1 where he uses a minivan and a snow plow as a turning lathe is outstanding.

I'll stick to my 19th century fine tooth backsaws & chisels or occasionally the bandsaw for the dovetails & my massive (yet very safe & stable) Record Coronet CL3-48 wood lathe for bowl & spindle turning,thank yuh veruh mush.

That's rough for me, even as a rough framing contractor.
I'm waiting for the pipe to get stuck and the back end to hit him in the head

Well, we can learn some interesting things at time. Some are also uninteresting....

Reactions: NortheastAl
This guy had better stop making videos while he still has all his body parts. Talk about an accident waiting to happen.

I'll stick to my 19th century fine tooth backsaws & chisels or occasionally the bandsaw for the dovetails & my massive (yet very safe & stable) Record Coronet CL3-48 wood lathe for bowl & spindle turning,thank yuh veruh mush.
I'm with U ,stick to the band saw or Omni jig, A lot of tear out but ,the guy is good ,had some practice.
Watch them fingers on the BS ;)

He needs a full motorcycle helmet and maybe a neck protector like a baseball catcher wears....... then some good chain-male.

Status
Not open for further replies.