K1 monitor rebuild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kman2478

Jun 15, 2019
Cape Neddick,Maine
We have this MPI monitor 2400 as a second source of heat incase we are not around to feed the VC.
After firing it up.. ( or attempting to) I quickly realized there was an issue. E13 error is no fuel/ no spark.
Changed filter at the tank, cleaned filter in the sump, checked that fuel pump was working, still no ignition.
Ignitor is gone.
Very simple unit to disassemble. A local HVAC guy is ordering the ignitor and new burn pot.
I will update when re installed.
If anyone on here has the same issues, please reach out. I couldn't find a whole lot online about disassembly.

IMG_20201210_111430190.jpg IMG_20201210_100831362.jpg IMG_20201208_135731459.jpg IMG_20201208_100037361.jpg

If you get into trouble Kens Monitor in Yarmouth Maine is the pro with them and has barn full of them. His daughter is running it now but he helps her out. Ken Gaudin is The Monitor Man - Press Herald

I think he mentioned a few years ago some other firm was trying to source new spare parts from China as many parts are no longer available.

There apparently is or was an upgrade rebate to switch from an old monitor to a new Toyostove. I think he Toyostoves are rated for #1 fuel oil while the Monitors were not.

He is friend of the family

Reactions: Kman2478
Copy that. Thanks peakbagger. I remember reading that article about them several years ago when we bought the house, and I was doing some research on the unit.