K2 boiler made c02 alarm go off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

layoric

Feb 22, 2007
Last season I did the annual maintenence on the k2 coal boiler. Took apart the fan, removed that and the metal cover that's a clean out for the exhaust, oiled the hopper motor. Just turned it back on, and it smelled, but it usually does when I first start a fire. Had a window with fan in basement last night. Still smelled but was less so closed the window.

Woke up to co2 alarm in basement, it read 60. Turned off boiler, opened window, turned on fan!

The blower exhaust fan for boiler seems to be where the smell is coming from, but all screws are tight. I don't have a manometer, but a flame inserted near fire door port hole has flame sucking in. The boiler is 2 years old, installed last year, this is year 2. What can I do?

I'd take a closer look at the the actual blower/ fan blade and make sure it's in good shape. Coal is pretty corrosive.

Status
Not open for further replies.