Kent Sherwood - Wood Stove information

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Deuceman927

Jan 3, 2013
Hey there.

So, long story short, due to the collapse of a deck at our home, our Kent Sherwood wood stove (along with some other stuff) was damaged. We've put in a claim with our insurance company. We have a replacement value policy.

The stove is likely from the mid to late 80's, and I have no idea what it's original cost was (came with the house). Really what I'm looking for is to find out what any specs that could be compared against modern stoves so that I can come up with a model that would be a reasonable replacement to provide value estimate to the insurance company.

I've done some searching, and while I've found some decent info about the use of this particular model of stove, i'm not finding the info that would help me draw the comparisons I need for a modern stove.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See attached brochures/manual. I hope it helps.

Attachments

• kent-brochure.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,251
  • Kent Stove Manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 991
  • kent stove brochure.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,188
A mid-sized stove like a Lopi Endeavor, Pacific Energy Super 27, or Quadrafire 3100 would be possible replacements.

If the Kent innards are still in good condition they would have value to folks trying to keep there stove allive.

I had a kent and thought it was ok the secondary burn processes is something like today’s stoves pretty neat ahead of their time. I would say any new stove that heats 1200 squares would replace that particular Kent you mentioned. I find Kent’s all the time on craigs they seem to be posted for 300$ I bought mine for 150$.

Attachments

• 5661105B-A32A-4CC8-94D9-983B70E59AB9.jpeg
    5661105B-A32A-4CC8-94D9-983B70E59AB9.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 2,419
Our Kent, sold recently for $150 with a warped baffle, was able to heat most of our 2400 sqf home. GREAT stove!
And yes, on CL for 250-500 frequently.

Attachments

• Kent.JPG
    Kent.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 826
If you can afford a new stove try for a Ashley or Napoleon out of a lot of stoves to choose from these in my opinion are very nice something the next people who live in the house could use if you ever leave. Just like the Kent.