KIDDE FIRE EXTINGUISHER RECALL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Last edited:
Guys, please don’t buy those cheap extinguishers. Your life may depend on it, and Lord knows most of us aren’t diligent about having them serviced on schedule. Buy commercial-duty extinguishers with metal handles, which aren’t that much more, in the grand scheme of saving your home or family.

You can pick up the Amerex B402 5lb ABC on Amazon for $66 with free Prime shipping to your door in 2 days. Don’t wait until your house is on fire to place the order.

Put a 10+ lb. extinguisher at each major entrance (front door, back door, garage), and scatter some 5-pounders in bedrooms and basement. Invert them once or twice per year and give a good rap on the bottom, to un-settle any of the solids that may collect at the bottom. Come up with a service interval that suits your sensibilities, at a minimum whenever the gauge moves.

Guys, please don’t buy those cheap extinguishers. Your life may depend on it, and Lord knows most of us aren’t diligent about having them serviced on schedule. Buy commercial-duty extinguishers with metal handles, which aren’t that much more, in the grand scheme of saving your home or family.

You can pick up the Amerex B402 5lb ABC on Amazon for $66 with free Prime shipping to your door in 2 days. Don’t wait until your house is on fire to place the order.

Put a 10+ lb. extinguisher at each major entrance (front door, back door, garage), and scatter some 5-pounders in bedrooms and basement. Invert them once or twice per year and give a good rap on the bottom, to un-settle any of the solids that may collect at the bottom. Come up with a service interval that suits your sensibilities, at a minimum whenever the gauge moves.

Ashful, if I had a winning lottery ticket, I'd buy all those commercial units you mentioned...Until then, these will have to do, unless you'd care to donate some to my fire extinguisher replacement fund?

The Kidde site must be overrun, when I click the "ID guide" it just buffers forever...