Kids today....such fun at Lowes this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SXIPro

Minister of Fire
Sep 28, 2009
Northern MA
S. Nashua NH store this morning at 6:00 AM. Went to pick up a ton of Green Teams. Called yesterday and they had stock, quoted $260 a ton, just like when I called earlier in the week.

Go to check out. "$274.00 please." "Umm, no, that is the bag price, I am buying a ton" "Correct sir, they are $5.48 per bag at 50 bags, 40 lbs each...so your total is $274.00" "I understand the bag cost, but there is a price break on buying a ton at a time. The cost I was quoted yesterday was $260.00 per ton, the girl on the phone read it right off the display" "Sir, I am not calling you a liar, but it is not in my system"...."That is not my problem, now you can correct this by either doing a price over ride or using the quoted price function in your system" "Yeah, I guess I could do that"

He punches in the $260 and I hand him my $25.00 off a $250.00 purchase coupon. "Sorry sir, we don't accept coupons against pellet purchases, $260 is as low as we can go on these." "Really? Do me a favor and read me the terms and conditions on the back of the coupon out loud"
"Tell you what, I'll take it this time only as a FAVOR to you" "Actually, it's not a FAVOR, and you'll take it next time as well...trust me" ....... What a d-bag. :mad:

On the bright side, the kid loading my truck was unbelievable. Very courteous and helpful and could probably drive for NASCAR in the forklift division. He had my truck loaded in the dark in about 45 seconds, about 1/10th the time it took me to check out. :)

Remember what generation raised these kids today.... lol

LOL - your answers to the checkout kid had me laughing...."read the back of this coupon out loud" :)

Reactions: mfglickman
Remember what generation raised these kids today.... lol

Unlike that one SXIpro ran into my three can understand what the writing says on those coupons unlike a lot of the kids they went to school with.

Oh and they didn't get everything they saw the other kids get either.

None of that you'll ruin their self esteem or my little sweet (insert kid's name here) wouldn't do that, you must be mistaken bull was tolerated.

You realize it wasn't the parents that came up with that crap to start with.

So be careful which parents you go pointing a finger at.

Unlike that one SXIpro ran into my three can understand what the writing says on those coupons unlike a lot of the kids they went to school with.

Oh and they didn't get everything they saw the other kids get either.

None of that you'll ruin their self esteem or my little sweet (insert kid's name here) wouldn't do that, you must be mistaken bull was tolerated.

You realize it wasn't the parents that came up with that crap to start with.

So be careful which parents you go pointing a finger at.
X2, glad you raised independent thinkers and creative souls...cannot wait until my little ones tell their boss to shove it and he/she is an idiot...just hope it's not me they are working for!==c

I was just joking :) I know most kids working stores today are useless. But then i know why they work min wage department store jobs instead of something else....

Louie C.K. said it best when confronted with a 20 something complaining about his job..."For the last 20 years you have been doing nothing but sucking from everyone's teat...you haven't yet contributed anything to the world so why do you think you have this job...I know,...we all know it sucks, that's why we gave it to you!"

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
I order mine online now from lowes 10% off code, 5% cashback, and right now 5% back on discover for online purchases. Works out to almost 20% off. Usually I just order 15 bags all I can safely take in my vehicle without my trailer. I did order a ton once and they adjusted my price to reflect the ton price that was a really good deal as they still took the coupon and I got the other 10% back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.