Killed my Dolmar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
i have a corded makita electric- best built unit on market . its fine for what it is and intended purpose. Its going to be a very long time before any type of electric saw can out perform my 60+cc saws on up. Nor would I be enthused by having purchase a dozen or more expensive battery packs, not to mention the weight of the electric currently to get to the specs of gas saws. have any of you hefted a 5hp continuous duty electric motor recently with torque specs matching our two strokes?

I am not an advocate of electric saws but just for fairness keep in mind that there is a rule of 2:1 in comparing elecric to gas. And again, that being a rule...not the whole discussion.

I'd be keen to get my hands on a chainsaw that takes the same batteries as all my power tools, but sadly for me they're only available overseas so far. (And even if AEG decides to market them here, it'll still be an 18v chainsaw... so limbing only really.)

i have a corded makita electric- best built unit on market . its fine for what it is and intended purpose. Its going to be a very long time before any type of electric saw can out perform my 60+cc saws on up. Nor would I be enthused by having purchase a dozen or more expensive battery packs, not to mention the weight of the electric currently to get to the specs of gas saws. have any of you hefted a 5hp continuous duty electric motor recently with torque specs matching our two strokes?

Continuous duty motors are gonna be either heavy or very well ventilated.

I don't think I've ever used an electric hand tool that didn't have a duty cycle of some kind? I'm not sure, so I guess I don't check like I should!

Debating. Striped it down, cylinder and carb look fine. Local shop has several with burnt up motors, all blamed on ethanol.
He figured $200 to build me a new one out of the parts and mine.
Really liked the saw, ran great, know it was maintained since new. But $349 gets me a new 50cc Echo.
I wouldnt be afraid of an echo. I ran a new echo 7310. It's a nice saw for the money. My father in law has a few of them. He really likes them.

Debating. Striped it down, cylinder and carb look fine. Local shop has several with burnt up motors, all blamed on ethanol.
He figured $200 to build me a new one out of the parts and mine.
Really liked the saw, ran great, know it was maintained since new. But $349 gets me a new 50cc Echo.

Quick get a new orange one, wife will never know it's a new one.