King 5200m cycling blowers and auger when off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lurvuc

Oct 8, 2019
Pepperel, ma
So we got our stove plugged in, ran it for a few days then shut it down. Going to be warm this week. Now while the panel is off on my 5200m king/American its cycling auger, draft and room fans without being on. But runs fine when on.

thoughts?

Are you talking about the stove running after turning it off? If you hit "off" the stove will continue to run until the low temp is reached (I think 110°F on you stove). The fans will continue to run and the auger will continue to dump fuel until that temp is reached. It's a safety feature. Mine will continue to run up to 45 minutes depending on what heat level I was running when shutting down.

If not, then I would suspect the low limit switch is bad and not telling the stove that it has reached proper shut down temp. If the stove is new contact USSC.

Are you talking about the stove running after turning it off? If you hit "off" the stove will continue to run until the low temp is reached (I think 110°F on you stove). The fans will continue to run and the auger will continue to dump fuel until that temp is reached. It's a safety feature. Mine will continue to run up to 45 minutes depending on what heat level I was running when shutting down.

If not, then I would suspect the low limit switch is bad and not telling the stove that it has reached proper shut down temp. If the stove is new contact USSC.
Sorry got caught up with life. The unit can be in off cycling down then I hear pellets going in the pot. So now when I cycle down I lift lid.

Sorry got caught up with life. The unit can be in off cycling down then I hear pellets going in the pot. So now when I cycle down I lift lid.
Don't lift the lid while the stove is shutting down, you will end up with a hopper fire. You are bypassing the lid switch, that switch is there for a reason.

Again, it is a safety issue that the stove runs after turning it off. These stoves just don't go on and off. It is normal for the stove to continue to drop pellets and the fans to run until the stove senses that the fire is out and the temp has dropped to a safe level.

How long have you waited for it to stop dropping pellets and the fans to turn off after turning the stove off?