King 5522 1 day sale.....should I?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mopar man

Jan 12, 2013
Brockway, PA
Lowe's has the King 5522 as their deal of the day for $999. With my Advantage card it comes down to $950. I was considering replacing my 5500M this past fall, but decided against it. There are no reviews on the Lowe's website, but on TSC it has a fair amount of 1 star reviews. I wanted to get some opinions here before I place an order. Is it worth it or should I keep an eye out for an end of season deal?

No save a lil more and get a good stove. avoid the box store stoves.

Is it worth it or should I keep an eye out for an end of season deal?
The KP5522 is a lot like your 5500m it is a very finicky stove and takes time to make adjustments. Once adjusted properly it has good heat for a cheaper stove. Bad thing is they did not go with the 4 button control board like on your 5500 so fewer adjustments available. The KP5522 and its parent stove KP130 have had problems with multiple error codes. Problem with buying a stove this time of year is the warranty if you buy it now and don't install it or use it until next winter you will have a short time to claim any problems on warranty. I to would pass on the stove.

I'm still making tweaks to my 5500m. Would be nice to have something I can turn on and not worry if it will overflow or shut down before I get home from work. As for not buying big box stoves, there are not any dealers in the area that I know of.

Reactions: ARC
As Ssyko said avoid the big box stoves
Buy a North American-built stove
they have been around long enough
that all or at least most of the bugs
have been solved They are easy to set
up clean and maintain Harman or
Enviro are 2 of the best made

Reactions: ARC and ABusWrench