Klinkerking Pellet Stove Burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just look at those pictures he posted on the eBay listing of proof that he doesn’t have to clean as often. The entire firebox area is trashed. You can’t honestly tell me that a stove that is that dirty has been burning cleanly and efficiently for the past few days.

I’m not talking about what you can get away with. I’m talking about what you should do if you want your stove to burn the way it was built to. I’ve cleaned a lot of stoves with these adapters and I’ve seen a lot of cracked burn pots and creasoted exhausts from people thinking they shouldn’t clean daily because they can get away with it. I have an uncle who doesn’t believe in oil changes and he literally never changes his oil. Can he get away with this for a long time? Possibly. Is it advisable? No.

Well you can run your stove how you want but I'm not shutting mine down everyday just to knock the dust out of the pot. I've got temp gauges in several spots in and on the stove and never see a drop in efficiency until around the 7th day and then it's only about 5 degrees at most and that's when running the stove pretty hard for a week.

Just look at those pictures he posted on the eBay listing of proof that he doesn’t have to clean as often. The entire firebox area is trashed. You can’t honestly tell me that a stove that is that dirty has been burning cleanly and efficiently for the past few days.

That's what I was trying to get across as well a dirty stove doesn't burn clean and if it's full of ash to me it's a fire hazard and hard on the fans ..

First off you’re lying 700 to 900 pellet stoves , that’s impossible, 2nd , it’s true
8 day cleaning....made by the working man for the working man ....
I can only get 4-5 day Max on setting 1 or 2 before I have to shut down the stove and do a cleaning

I can only get 4-5 day Max on setting 1 or 2 before I have to shut down the stove and do a cleaning
It’s worth mentioning that 1 and 2 will burn dirtier than a higher setting because a hotter fire is usually a cleaner fire. The pictures on the eBay listing are more than a little dust in the burn pot. These are being marketed to US stove branded units correct? I’ve seen 4-5 of those stoves that were run dirty so much that the back of the firebox warped or cracked or straight up burnt through. I have no idea how many burn pots I’ve come across that were cracked or broken from abuse and I’ve even seen some of these adapters that had holes burnt in them. My problem is not with the product your selling but with the way your marketing it. You don’t even have to shut a stove down to clean up the pot. A full cleaning sure, but just opening the door and scraping out some of the carbon and clumps of clinkers then shutting it back up is better than running your stove into the ground. The more ash you take out of the front of the stove, the less ash you’ll get in the back. Catching the ash before it has a chance to blow into the back helps your combustion blower out a lot and saves you from brushing the pipe as frequently. Message me when your stove is 15- 20 years old and we’ll see how your cleaning routine has preserved your stove.

Keep working boys, I am klinkerking , 8 days no cleaning, I know ,I burn
Every season , no warped or hole through the burnpot, no overheated burnpots, it all about the mix,klinkerking works , 4 seasons, running strong, no issues..
See you soon

Last edited:
I've burned pellets where I'd HAVE to clean the pot every day, or 2 days max or it'd plug up. What I burn now, I typically go 4 days then clean it. By then the ash pile around the pot starts getting tall. Up to when I clean it, it is burning well. Pellets still hit the pot with a tink. Zero plugged holes in the pot. Just some carbon I scrape from the pot with a BBQ scraper. Clean the ash chambers and pipe not as often but as needed. No creosote in the chambers or the pipe.

I don't think it's fair to make a blanket statement because all stoves are different. And even several same model stoves will all act different depending on the house setups and what pellets you burn in them. Cleaning every day is good advice to start with, until you learn what your stove can do. And if you just want to clean everyday then no harm in that either.

Reactions: FirepotPete
Just stop. Peddle your home made pellet stove parts if you want, but don’t try to tell people they don’t have to clean their stove because of some miracle fix. No matter what pellet stove you have, you should clean your burn pot every day. Anyone trying to tell people they can go over a week without cleaning has no business giving people advice about pellet stoves. But what do I know, I only work on 700-900 stoves every year.
no 1 peddling anything here ,just talking....