Kozyheat Olivia Replaceing igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indoorairpro

Jan 27, 2011
NE PA
Just dropped $169 on a new igniter (what a ripoff) but wanted my wife to be able to turn on stove. Anyway I am pretty sure the old igniter was installed wrong. I am not original owner. The old one slipped through a hole from the back of stove. Problem is there is a hole in a piece of framing on the rear side of stove. then about 1 inch gap then a second hole that enters the fireside of stove. The igniter has a lip on the rear end of igniter. If I slide it in from back there is nothing holding it in place and it does not make contact with pellets. It appears as if the lip should be in the gap which would put it another inch into the stove and stop it from backing out but I can not figure out how to do that. I cant angle igniter enough to get it through the hole and over the fist first part of fram and drop into gap. This is probably really hard to picture. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.