L. Lange wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dianebwhite

Jun 10, 2011
eastern connecticut
im interested in getting some info on a L. Lange enamel wood stove. cleaning out my dads house and under some stuff we found a black enameled oval wood stove approx 2ft to 3 ft tall
l. lange is stamped on that front in raised letters. can any one tell me anything about these stoves. cant seem to find out much on my own. thanks

Lange was a beautifully made enamel woodstove from Denmark. I used to work for a company that sold them back in the 80's. They stopped importing them when the EPA emissions requirements went into effect. A lot of European manufacturers stopped importing back then rather than redesign their stoves to meet the emissions regulations.

Welcome Dianne. Lucky you, that could be a very special find. Lange made very good heaters. There are many threads in this forum on these stoves. If you type in Lange in the test search titles only box, to the above left, you will find many postings with pictures and a lot of information on Langes. There are many posts from owners here on the various models including some unusual ones.

By description, it sounds like you may have a Lange 6302A. If you can post a picture of the stove, that would help us identify it. We love these old beauties.

Status
Not open for further replies.