Large Winter Warm damper issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texasoak

Feb 10, 2014
Austin
Posting as new thread,

My damper linkage finally stopped working, I am pretty sure the stainless steel damper rod pin fell off. when I move the damper lever I can see the long damper bolt just turn but no force being pushed to damper.

Has anyone run into this issue and recommendations on best way to repair?

Here is a photo of damper link
20161220_120358.jpg

there is a bolt with a 7/16" head on top that is probably loose. Shine a flashlight in through the opening where the damper and the blower control both are. I don't think you can get a wrench from there but look and see to make sure. I think you have to pull the front off and loosen the convection shell but that may be to replace that lever

I will give that a try when I get back, I remember there was a pin by the red arrow that used to rub on the damper door when I would close. it looks like a bushing or pin just broke off. That was why I was asking if someone who owned one could let me know if I was missing a part.
Thanks for the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.