Last Cherry 2011 more pictures.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
More pictures of the cutting today.

zp

Attachments

• 100_4485.jpg
    100_4485.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 100_4486.jpg
    100_4486.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 100_4487.jpg
    100_4487.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 322
Good looking wood there Zap! Happy New Year.. :)

good job, there is a lot of wood in that tree

Na, this Cherry came down in the micro burst of 2008, just glad it was another safe cut. Once I get it split then in a Solar pile I'll be happy.

Happy New Year
Zap

looks good zap,which saw you run today? the 660? you get it all out?

maxed_out said:
looks good zap,which saw you run today? the 660? you get it all out?

Took the whole day off, depending on the wind tomorrow I might split some. Our new stacking area is not far from that cherry, I still need to drop two trees (both dead, pine & cherry) so I can start stacking but it looks lie next weekend for that.

I did run the 660 when I cut the bigger stuff, the 390 in tight quarters.

zap

Nice solid Cherry there Zap and a ton of sawdust. Looks like you really figured out how to sharpen those chains.

I had a new chain on the 28 inch bar on the 660, can't take credit. I have some chains lined up for this week to sharpen. I think the sharpener has been used twice since we stopped milling, I do some hand filing in the woods.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.