Last two nights inside the house was hazy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Major2

Feb 2, 2023
Dudley, Mass
I have had a Harman XXV for the past 4-5 years without any issues. Of late the past few nights i have gone downstairs and it looked hazy i thought it was my air purifier but come to find out it's the pellet stove. Direct vented out by the dealer never have had any issues. I do see some whitish like ash coming from where the heat comes out of the top vents.......and its all over the house.......funny though i don't smell smoke or the wife nor does any of my smoke detectors go off.......any ideas ? I am going to deep clean and have someone coming out in a few weeks.

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? That would be the biggest concern if the heat exchanger did crack.

Reactions: SwineFlue