LCD over pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken3698

Jan 14, 2008
Western NY
I'm about to purchase a pellet stove insert that will be placed where my gas insert was. I have a question about our current LCD TV that is above the mantel. Will the pellet insert be to Hot for the TV? Our current gas model basically puts off no heat, thats why were getting rid of it.

Thanks
Ken

Pellet stoves tend to blow hot air out and are often not very hot above on the wall. Is there a mantel between the stove and the LCD screen? If yes, that will act as an additional heat shield.

I suspect you'll be fine, but for safety sake, put a room thermometer up on the mantle with the stove running. It should read at or only slightly above room temp. If it's reading 15-20 degrees hotter, then it may be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.