Lennox MPD 35RPM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tommcgtx

Dec 3, 2017
Martinsburg, WV
Hi all! I posted here in Dec 2017 about this fireplace, and think my description was a little vague. I still haven't got this thing up and running, and want to give it another shot. This propane fireplace is 20k btu Max. We have never used it, and from what I understand the previous owners of the house never did either. I've contacted several propane companies in the area, and they seem more interested in selling me propane service than anything else. I don't plan on using this often, and just don't want to sign up for service. I'd like to get a 100lb tank, or maybe two with an automatic switch type thing in between, which I have seen some people do. Right now there is nothing but a stub out outside the basement. What do I need as far as regulators etc. for a fireplace of this size? The fireplace is on the upper level, and is piped down to the basement and out of the wall.