Lennox PI-40 Pellet Stove Ignition Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MountainGal27

Oct 15, 2019
NJ
Like clockwork our Pellet Stove refuses to work the week of Christmas. We just cleaned out the ash from the box and now the stove fills up the burn pot with pellets but does not light. We get two short blinking light error codes. The ignition pipe is cool to the touch when I empty out the burn pot. I'm thinking we need to clean/replace the ignition switch. Is that correct? Anything else it could be/I'm missing?

Someone should be able to help you here soon, however, for now , I don't see why you can't manually light the pellets for now to get it going, maybe with some starter gel ? Igniter or blown fuse ??

Thanks! I'm just not sure how to differentiate between a fuse problem and an igniter problem. I'll try manually lighting the stove tomorrow. I wasn't aware that was an option! Thank you!

Does the combustion exhaust blower come on during the start sequence ? If not then the manual light with gel may not be an option, otherwise you may get smoke and fumes in the home.. as I am unsure about the start sequence, the manual is not clear..

Last edited:
Do believe that flashing two blinks is telling you it missed ignition. Looks like its time for an ignitor. You can do a resistance ck (should read around 35-40 ohms), if its infinity the ignitor element is burned through, new ignitor time. You can do the manual light too with alcohol gel, like gfreek suggested..