Lennox Winslow PS40 auger clogged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernpig

Jan 14, 2010
WNY
Don't blame me, I wasn't the one who filled the hopper and dropped a knitted nylon glove into it... The man of the house (who was responsible for this fiasco) managed to get the bulk of the glove pulled out, but there is still a scrap stuck. The auger seems to move with the motor but the scrap is blocking pellets from going through. Am I totally committed to an expensive service call or is there a way to disengage the auger from the motor or remove the auger to free up the blockage?

Thanks in advance for any help, and feel free to come up with any and ALL jokes to pass on to the man.

Okay, fixed it. I'd love to meet the person who designed this stove and explain that we all don't have goofy tools that allow us to work blindly! But anyway, after 2 hours, we dropped the auger and removed the glove, which was much larger than I expected. For everyone's amusement a picture is attached.

Attachments

• TheOffendingGlove.jpg
    TheOffendingGlove.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 479
Northernpig said:
.....and feel free to come up with any and ALL jokes to pass on to the man.

Tell him to just throw one glove away the next time he wants to be the next Michael Jackson....don't punish the pellet stove. :)

Maybe this was the glove that Michael Jackson lost soooo many years ago, It could be worth a fortune !!!

Looks like the one my doctor used during my last prostrate exam.... it tickled.

Status
Not open for further replies.