Lennox Winslow ps40 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mcam13

Mar 1, 2020
New york
Hi everyone, i just acquired 2 used ps40 pellet stoves, one works mostly and one not at all, hoping for some insight.

The one that works, has a tendency for the fire to go out after about an hour. It does not have a thermostat and there is no jumper in the thermostat terminals, could that be a problem?

the other stove does not turn on at all, no status LEDs or anything. Fuses are good. I dont want th throw a control board at it due to cost of it.

thanks for any help

I put a jumper in and so far it seems better. As for the other, guess i need to see about getting the board repaired or replaced

On your dead stove check the snap disc’s the high limit disc may be resettable. Small button in between the wire connectors. The high limit may kills power to the stove.

I took the board from the bad one and put it in the known working stove and it wouldnt power up, its a bad board for sure

Ahh ok. Anything on the board look burnt or missing?

Nothing looks burnt, but that doesnt mean much. Im an electronics tech by trade, more often than not there is no physical evidence of failure. Some of the triacs have wird resistance measurements but without a schematic it could be normal.

anyone have a board schematic?

There are none. Manufacturers will not release them. Reverse engineering them is best. But no power at all i would look at the step down transformer, if it has one. I have never seen one like yours

The good thing is i could shotgun every part except the programmed microcontroller for about 20 bucks. But yeah i think the primary opened up on the transformer

Reactions: Ssyko