lenox montage owners with dirty glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeypuck

Feeling the Heat
Sep 6, 2009
south central NH
I have been beating my head against the wall fora couple of weeks now concerning my dirty glass issue. Cleaned the stove, changed pellets, adjusted air fuel, changed pellets, cleaned chimney with no change. My glass would get dusted and dirty over night. I finally looked more closely at the air wash system which consists of a small groove around the metal support for the window . I cleaned that out with a utility knife blade and pulled all sorts of black goup out of it. I suspect it was from the non stop cleaning cleaning with liquid cleaner....liquid dribbles down and gets rubbed into this seem. Much better now and i know my stove very well after all the reading and cleaning (silver lining).

Status
Not open for further replies.