Let the splitting season begin!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very hot here today and I am not used to it anymore (Southern transplant to the Northwest). Still managed to take down some Fir trees today. Still have about 21 trees to go. Helps that I can skid them out with the tractor to process them and makes taking the limbs to the burn pile much faster.

Drank about two pitchers of iced tea. I may try to spit them tomorrow but it is supposed to be 92. Luckily my splitting area is shaded in the afternoon.

It was very hot here today and I am not used to it anymore (Southern transplant to the Northwest). Still managed to take down some Fir trees today. Still have about 21 trees to go. Helps that I can skid them out with the tractor to process them and makes taking the limbs to the burn pile much faster.

Drank about two pitchers of iced tea. I may try to spit them tomorrow but it is supposed to be 92. Luckily my splitting area is shaded in the afternoon.
Ice tea isn't the best thing to drink, it has caffeine and will dehydrate you if you aren't careful. A young buck I worked with a few years back, that's all he drank in the summer. Ended up in the hospital needing a few IVs. Just sayin' be careful

I drank a sh**load of ice water. I detoxified my body I think!
I did this yesterday every 3 bottles of water drink a gaterade to keep the salts up

Reactions: D8Chumley
I drank a sh**load of ice water. I detoxified my body I think!
I did this yesterday every 3 bottles of water drink a gaterade to keep the salts up

Reactions: mwhitnee
Ice tea isn't the best thing to drink, it has caffeine and will dehydrate you if you aren't careful. A young buck I worked with a few years back, that's all he drank in the summer. Ended up in the hospital needing a few IVs. Just sayin' be careful

I still drank water and even had a can of V-8. I have never dehydrated with iced tea, but I try to get water down the hatch as well. Have to drink water with tea because it gives me hummingbird bladder!

Reactions: D8Chumley

Caffeine doesn't dehydrate you. I thought it did too but had a debate with someone and did research . Turns out it doesn't .

Ice tea isn't the best thing to drink, it has caffeine and will dehydrate you if you aren't careful
That's why I stick to beer! [emoji12]

Split most of my 2017-2018 wood on July 3-7 of 2013. It was hot, hot, hot... but we can't always choose when we get free time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Joyful on this

Reactions: Ashful
I'll take 55 degree sunny fall day.

I split about a half a cord on Sunday morning after it dried out enough for me to get into the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.