Let's see them!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

countybrown

Jan 11, 2015
Wisconsin
For most of us in the Midwest and the East Coast, its been cold and wicked outside lately. Snowed all day Sunday and supposed to start again this afternoon. Temps have been between 2 and 5 today, with highs not supposed to break above 20 until Friday. Welcome to Wisconsin winter huh?

So with that being the case, the wood stove has been earning it's keep. As usual it's a beautiful 75 inside.

Let's see what you guys have going! I'll start:

98aaa4c758618cf6980ed1f204b9865d.jpg

MtMitchellSnowGFI018.jpg

The little Waterford. 22 degrees in the NC mountains last night.

Posting pictures is nigh on tantamount to finding the Holy Grail for me (did I actually get it right?!). This is the stove in my workroom (in front of some of my work). I use the furnace to keep the space at a base temperature 45-50F, the thermostat kicks on and warms the space to 58-60F at 5:30AM and I light the stove at 6AM. Once the stove is rocking along, I may reload mid-morning if it's really cold, but oftentimes I don't bother. The space is always comfy, painting dries quickly, and I don't have to burn a lot of wood or break the bank to use the furnace. I absolutely love this stove... my favorite offering from Woodstock. It's not for everyone but I was sad to learn the Classi has been "retired". I love its clean lines and way the soapstone has been showcased. Quiet, elegant, and unassuming.
IMG_0769.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a load of uglies to get me through until the night load. Temps mid 20s outside today and a balmy 83 in the living room. I love looking at peoples woodstove and hearth pictures. I think I have woodstove sickness!
View attachment 152530
Don't worry, we all have the same sickness. That's why we hang around here. We all share a common love for the simple things in life, like finding happiness in heating our homes with good ole fashioned wood.

Nice stoves people! Keep them coming!

Reactions: celticdoll
For most of us in the Midwest and the East Coast, its been cold and wicked outside lately. Snowed all day Sunday and supposed to start again this afternoon. Temps have been between 2 and 5 today, with highs not supposed to break above 20 until Friday. Welcome to Wisconsin winter huh?

So with that being the case, the wood stove has been earning it's keep. As usual it's a beautiful 75 inside.

Let's see what you guys have going! I'll start:

98aaa4c758618cf6980ed1f204b9865d.jpg

Attachments

• Zoostove.jpg
    Zoostove.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 312
Reactions: BobUrban and NHcpa
image.jpg

Finally got my Fisher wood stove hooked up. I bought this beauty last year and it has been taking up space and not producing.
When I bought this house, I had a cousin "donate" a defiance wood stove insert which I had installed in my basement fireplace. Found this stove on craigslist and purchased it. Had a company install the pipe and hook the stove up because even though I am a DIYer...I won't go there and I don't do electrical either.
So pleased....
Tonight I finally have my Fisher Grandpa Bear hooked up.
It was worth the wait. So warm.
My main floor is about 2000 ft2...flooring around the hearth to be finished with 1 x 6 pine...can't wait to get this room done!!
Warm in MIchigan!!!

check it out...i even got the "bear" claws when I bought it...
he he...

figured I would try to put a video on here. just put in two 6" and two 1-2" pieces of beech that have been seasoning since the tree fell from hurricane sandy. this beech will be nice for the next month or so.
its putting out some pretty nice secondary flames.

Reactions: chazcarr
I'm starting to realize I have been going through too much wood in the fireplace insert down below. Now I will be looking (through this forum) on how to move this heat through my house. It's 89 inside and 25 outside. West Michigan.
First night with the "new" Fisher. I'm concerned the non combustible wall I built is not adequate??

Any idea what temp the wall should be next to my "non combustible?'
Any help is appreciated...i'm a young and dumb one....

I'm having stove withdrawal,I need help. It's been in the 70's here:(

Chuggin' along. Sorry - no dog...

IMG_0485.jpg

Reactions: marajade
image.jpg

Reactions: webby3650
I'm starting to realize I have been going through too much wood in the fireplace insert down below. Now I will be looking (through this forum) on how to move this heat through my house. It's 89 inside and 25 outside. West Michigan.
First night with the "new" Fisher. I'm concerned the non combustible wall I built is not adequate??

Any idea what temp the wall should be next to my "non combustible?'
Any help is appreciated...i'm a young and dumb one....
Yes, this stove will eat wood quickly. Start a new thread in the classics forum together with a picture of the installation and some dimensions to the nearest combustibles. We'll take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.