Lil House barrel stove outdoor heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Snerdguy

Feb 9, 2012
Ohio
For those unfamiliar with Lil House heaters, its a single barrel stove in a rather simple metal box with insulation and a blower so it can sit outside and blow heat into the house. It has the standard barrel stove hardware. I just completely rebuilt mine with a new barrel so it should last another six or seven years. It seems to work as normal. But, I would like to put a seal on the door so I have more control over the amount of air going into it. Has anyone tried putting a door seal on a barrel stove? Does it help or cause problems?

I probably can’t help but can we see some pictures. So it’s a wood stove outside of the house? What’s it built on?

I’ve heard of lil house stoves. I had no idea it was basically a barrel stove. That explains the house that burned down up the road from me. They had one only a few feet from the house!

Reactions: bholler
I’ve heard of lil house stoves. I had no idea it was basically a barrel stove. That explains the house that burned down up the road from me. They had one only a few feet from the house!
What do you mean? Barrel stoves are fantastic and as safe as can be.

• Haha
Reactions: webby3650