Liner Advice - Is this a good one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Domestique

Oct 17, 2022
Pa
Hello. First time poster here. Been running a Jotul F600 for about 5 years now in an 8x8 terracotta lined 30 foot interior chimney. Always have it cleaned each year and they suggest a liner. I’ve been putting that off but this years inspection report has me thinking about pulling the trigger.

Quote was for $3900 to knock out the terra-cotta and install an insulated liner. I think the price is reasonable for the job but what I’m not sure if is the quality of the liner they are suggesting. I tried to research it but I’m not finding much. It’s an NECS “smooth wall”. Here is a link to the brochure. Is this a quality product?

Reactions: Blue Ridge Lou
Hello. First time poster here. Been running a Jotul F600 for about 5 years now in an 8x8 terracotta lined 30 foot interior chimney. Always have it cleaned each year and they suggest a liner. I’ve been putting that off but this years inspection report has me thinking about pulling the trigger.

Quote was for $3900 to knock out the terra-cotta and install an insulated liner. I think the price is reasonable for the job but what I’m not sure if is the quality of the liner they are suggesting. I tried to research it but I’m not finding much. It’s an NECS “smooth wall”. Here is a link to the brochure. Is this a quality product?

No it isn't good quality. The 2 ply smooth wall stuff is the least durable on the market