Liner insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I Just ordered a 6" 316ss liner from rockland, and was going to also get the insulation too but was a bit suprised at the inflated prices at hearth suppliers so i got to looking around and found ceramic foil backed insulation rated for 2400f 12ft x24in by 1/2" for 90.00 vs 300.00. Is there any reason using this wouldnt be ok?

It that insulation a ul listed chimney liner insulation? Does it come with the tape, glue, mesh sleeve, and clamps? Also most insulation kits are 25' not 12.5'

12.5 FT is enough for my chimney. It doesnt come with any mesh, i thought i might use a tie wire wrap and you can get aluminum tape with it.

• Applications: Heat shield blankets are designed for passive fire protection applications and use in high-temperature systems. It has an extensive range of applications for fire protection and insulation purpose. It can be applied for kiln, forge, furnace, boilers, foundries, chimney, fireplace, and pipe insulation. It is also widely used as insulation in HVAC setups. Besides this, it can also be used during scorching, burning, and charring while soldering, brazing, welding, grinding, or cutting

12.5 FT is enough for my chimney. It doesnt come with any mesh, i thought i might use a tie wire wrap and you can get aluminum tape with it.

• Applications: Heat shield blankets are designed for passive fire protection applications and use in high-temperature systems. It has an extensive range of applications for fire protection and insulation purpose. It can be applied for kiln, forge, furnace, boilers, foundries, chimney, fireplace, and pipe insulation. It is also widely used as insulation in HVAC setups. Besides this, it can also be used during scorching, burning, and charring while soldering, brazing, welding, grinding, or cutting
Ok there are places that sell shorter insulation kits. I wouldn't want to do it without the mesh sleeve. And while I'm sure it's the same stuff it's not part of a listed liner system

Reactions: EbS-P

What is being connected to the liner? Most modern stoves will need more height.

I know they recommend 15' for optimum draft, was thinking of adding maybe 2 or 3 ft extension piece later if it becomes an issue. When using the fireplace i only had trouble once in awhile if the wind hit it just right.

I know they recommend 15' for optimum draft, was thinking of adding maybe 2 or 3 ft extension piece later if it becomes an issue. When using the fireplace i only had trouble once in awhile if the wind hit it just right.
A stove will need stronger draft than a fire in a fireplace. Some stoves need stronger draft than others so knowing which stove this is for is important.

What stove are you putting
This is a heatilator eco wins 18. The manual says 14-16 ft. Im 14' 1" to the floor. I know im fixing the crown too.

20231105_102101.jpg 20231105_102146.jpg 20231105_102741.jpg