Liner insulation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireManDan

Mar 6, 2011
Scotland,CT
Hey everyone i just received my flex king liner from chimney depot. My question is on insulating it my chimney is an interior chimney that runs
through the center of our home. Would a liner insulation really benefit me for the pellet stove. It would seem since the stack temp on the
liner is very low and with the chimney being in the middle i wouldn't have to worry bout the temp changes that much. The house is a
1500 sq-ft chimney is 22ft long from point of stove to top. Thank you

I dont think the insulation will do all that much for you. Seal the liner at the top of the chimney and above the damper to stop any air from migrating and you should be all set. Just my opinion.

Thats what i was thinking i could see if it was an exterior chimney and a hotter burning exhaust then it would seem reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.