Liner questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've went back to the local amish shop and checked out the rigid liners. I'm going to go that route, which will come out around 450.00 before insulation. The liners are 22 gauge 304 stainless and are very heavy. For the price I can't beat it and I'm sure it will last a lifetime. My clay liner is damaged at the top so I am having a chimney cap made to go over the brickwork to seal out the weather. I'm going to have 2 sections of pipe entering the tee so I have room to work around the ductwork behind the opening of the chimney. It will take about 2 weeks to get the custom liner. While I am waiting I will tear out the thimble and rebuild it. I'm going with a 5.5" liner to make sure I have room for the liner and insulation. Should I use 3 or 4 rivets to connect the sections together? Thanks.

I went with ridgid and it's great, easy cleaning. I Pop-riveted the liner with 3 SS 1/8 rivets.

Status
Not open for further replies.