Live from HPBA! Pictures...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreBug

Minister of Fire
Oct 6, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
This thread probably belongs in the Ash Can. But I just thought you folks might like some info on the HPBA (Hearth, Pation & BBQ Association for Dealers & MFG) in Atlanta starting next Thursday to Saturday.

I'll try to post every day. This is a friendly industry and even though we're all competitors we are on speaking terms. So if there is anything new & exiting, I can let you know. However, It's not as if I can go in my competitors booths and start taking pics for the fun of it. Even if I tell them its form Hearth.com (yeah, sure....)

So if you have specific requests as to what is showing and neat new stuff, I'll try to find as much as possible for you. There is an indoor and outdoor display area. The outdoor area is for burning. However, Thursday is supposed to be 70F + with thunderstorm (low barometric pressure) and most of the outside vendors burn on short stacks. So if I have any problems with my draft, I'll make sure to ask you folks to help me out with it... :)

In the meantime, I arrived Saturday morning - Some vendors have been here for 6 days already! and we're setting up a 20 X 60' house more or less with three rooms to show various products.

Around us is Travis (Avalon, Lopi), Empire, St Croix etc.. I'll list them and show you their outside booth (houses) if you'd like.

Here's me hardly working...

Attachments

• Day 1- 2.png
    Day 1- 2.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 332
  • Day 1.png
    Day 1.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 318
The inglenook is a good home for this.

Have a great time! Bet nobody is drinking yet :lol:

pen

What happened...where'd you go? Show us some BBQ ribs...
md

Lighting Up said:
md

Dont get me started on my ribs... I belong to another BBQ forum where I am becoming a pariah to the community! I have the audacity to cook my ribs for 12 hours at 150F, therefore breaking all the rules of what is right and wrong in this world! Fortunatly, for me and my guests my ribs have never tasted better!

Alrighty, you've asked for it and there it is...

So the roof is up (ours is the one with the red roof) We've moved most of the units inside. We've finished installing most of the chimneys.

Today it was a balmy 60F and it was hot inside and we were not burning yet! that is why most vendors have to rent huge AC units to take some of the heat inside their display as you can see from the Mendota pic below. We will be using 5 portable AC unit to cool off our booth. We need it because we will be burning 3 ZC, 1 Pellet Furnace, 1 large Wood furnace, 3 pellet Stoves & I think 4 wood stoves. Outside of our booth we we be burning a few units as well and we have a new Soap Stone thermal mass heater I'll take pics of.

I'm also showing a pic of FMI who's getting ready to move their ZC's inside their booth and Travis back of their booth (all our neighbors). Do you think Travis is likely to be burning some units as well?

Attachments

• SBI Booth.png
    SBI Booth.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Mendota AC.png
    Mendota AC.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 210
  • FMI wall of fireplace.png
    FMI wall of fireplace.png
    21 KB · Views: 195
  • Travis.png
    Travis.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 216
Seems like the venue should be someplace like International Falls, instead of Atlanta.

FyreBug said:
Lighting Up said:
md

Dont get me started on my ribs... I belong to another BBQ forum where I am becoming a pariah to the community! I have the audacity to cook my ribs for 12 hours at 150F, therefore breaking all the rules of what is right and wrong in this world! Fortunatly, for me and my guests my ribs have never tasted better!

12 hours...is there any bone left...? I sure there great. 60°F in Atlanta hows the drafting in those building ?

Status
Not open for further replies.